Torasemide 5mg/10mg/20mg/100mg tablets,
List of Related Indications:
List Of Drugs:
- Torasemide ( *** ) - @ - Loop diuretics- (FDC- List )- (1993/2007)
Indication Type Description:
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc
Pregnancy and lactation
Loop diuretics include- Furosemide, Bumetamide, Ethacrynic acid, Torasemide Refer Furosemide
CNS- headache, dizziness, asthenia, insomnia, nervousness, syncope GI- diarrhea, constipation, nausea, dyspepsia, edema, GI hemorrhage, rectal bleeding
Cardiovascular- ECG abnormality, sore throat, chest pain, artial fibrillation, hypotension, ventricular tachycardia, shunt thrombosis
Respiratory- rhinitis, cough increase
Musculoskeletal- arthalgia, myalgia
Lab test abnormalities- hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia, hypokalemia,hypovolumia
Miscellaneous- excessive urination.
Dosages/ Overdosage Etc:
Torsemide may be given any time in relation to a meal.
CHF: Initial dose is 10 to 20mg once daily oral or IV. If the diuretic response is inadequate, titrate the dose upward by approximately doubling until the desired response is acheived.
Chronic renal failure- Initial dose is 20mg once daily oral or IV. If the diuretic response is inadequate, titrate the dose upward by approximately doubling until the desired response is acheived.
1. May cause GI upset, take with food or milk
2. Drug will increase urination, take early in the day
3. Notify physician if muscle weakness , cramps, nausea, or dizziness occur
4. Orthostatic hypotension may occur, get up slowly
5. Diabetes mellitus patients- may increase blood glucose levels, affecting urine glucose tests.
6. Photosentivity may occur in some patients. Cution patients to take protective measures (ie Sunscreens, protective clothing) against exposure to ultraviolet light or sunlight
7. Hypersensitivity patients should avoid medications that may increase blood pressure, including OTC products for appetite suppression and cold symptoms
Pregnancy and lactation: